Thursday, June 3

Girl dies after tasting ‘poisonous’ grass in Central Kashmir’s Kangan

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Umar Raina

Ganderbal, June 3, KNT: There has been an incident of death of a 24-year-old girl after she tasted some leaves of ‘poisonous’ grass in Central Kashmir’s Kanagan area of Ganderbal district.

Local sources told news agency Kashmir News Trust that a girl (name withheld), daughter of late Nazir Ahmed Var was reaping grass to feed her cattle. They said the grass which is locally known as ‘Bota Ghasa’ is usually being reaped to feed the cattle after separating poisonous stuff from it.

The girl after tasting some leaves of the grass started vomiting abruptly. She was taken to Sub-District Hospital Kangan where doctors referred her to SKIMS.

At SKIMS the girl died during afternoon hours. A doctor said that post-mortem is being conducted on the girl to ascertain the real cause of the death.

The girl who is orphan is the resident of Tangdaji Hayen village of Kangan. (KNT)


About Author

KNT Newsdesk

Kashmir News Trust is one of the leading news agencies of Kashmir covering politics, current affairs, health, business & sports from Jammu & Kashmir. Stay tuned for all the current news from this part of the world.

Comments are closed.